Before You Call
When you call Technical Support with a
problem, our technician will lead you through steps to identify and solve
the problem. You can do some of this exploration yourself to eliminate
possibilities that do not require technical support assistance.
- Always back up your data.
- Just restarting your computer can solve
- Try the procedure again to see if you
can duplicate the problem.
- Start at the beginning. Examine entry
screens where you filled in fields to be sure you are asking the program
for what you want. For example, if a report does not include the information
you expected, be sure you have typed the correct date range.
- Try a related procedure. For example,
if you can't print from the product, try printing from another program.
If nothing prints, you know the problem is related to the printer, not
the software. Check the printer connections and make sure the printer
is turned on.
- If the software used to work, think about what
has changed with your computer. Have any new programs been
When You Call
- Have your Serial Number available.
- Know the name and version
of the product you are calling about.
- Duplicate the problem - write down the
steps to recreate the problem.
- Write down any error messages displayed
on your screen.
- Be prepared to explain solutions
you have tried and the results.
Please take the opportunity to provide Technical
Support comments, suggestions, or changes to the FAQ.
© 1998–2004 CyberMetrics Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Sending Data to
Backing Up Your